Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Poop Scoop


TADA. Porter is officially an 'undies' man. It's been a pretty easy road with him so far. In fact, his independence is a little unnerving at times. "Potty. Bye mommy daddy. I go potty." after which he'd run to the bathroom and lock the door. At first this seemed like a great idea. He'd go potty, dump his potty in the toilet, wash the bowl out and his hands in the sink, then come back out yelling "I DID IT!" but it wasn't long before we noticed extra long visits in the bathroom, and find him (after unlocking the door) washing his clothes and overflowing the sink, getting poopy just about everywhere, or trying to stand and pee just a little too early. So now that we've roped him in a bit, we're back to potty trained angel, and we can look back on some of the funnier stories from the past few weeks.

porter singing 'poo poo hinu hinu'(mom's new favorite maori song) while trying to poo on the potty.

Porter 'showing' g-ma and g-pa his big boy undies by sticking the telephone down his pants thinking they'd be able to see them.

Porter trying to impress the missionaries by going poopy by himself and bringing his little potty bucket out to show them his good work.

Porter running out to a park tree at a play date, and feeling confident that he'd like to pee on that tree, pulls down his pants and does so. (Where do boys get that desire?? Is it just in their genes??)

The only real snag we've hit is the fact that no matter how gross it is, Porter loves public restrooms, and will cry 'potty' over and over again just to spend time in them. I just may die early from some unearthly disease for how many times he tricks me into those josie grossie potties. Well, I guess with that being our only snag so far, I'm ready to say what I hear Porter yell at me about 6 times a day: YAY!!! I DID IT!!! One down, one to go.And now, we leave you with the I'M AN UNDIES MAN DANCE!

No comments: