seriously though, it was pretty exciting. after months of sticking his whole fist into his mouth, or just the thumb part of his fist, it all finally came together. and i'm pretty sure i was watching when the "aha" actually happened. One day, after repeatedly shoving his hand (or at least whatever would fit) into his mouth, Porter was just staring at his fist with some seriously fierce tunnelvision. At some point during this focus, he saw his thumb seperate from the rest of his hand. this moment of understanding came into his eyes, "whoa!!!" without hesitating, he took advandtage of the situation, and stuck that sucker (man, i'm hitting them all...) in. yes, i know i shouldn't end a sentence with the word 'in'...but that's where he stuck it. :)
ok- enough bad grammer. and i'm not fixing the mispelled words either...too tired. the point is, porter's been a pro with thumbsucking ever since, and i'm pretty sure that puts my baby into the 'freakin awesome' level on the scale of baby smarts/coolness.


3 comments:
I'm so glad that I could see the words "freakin' awesome" and "my son" in the same sentence. But (to go back a decade or two) I do think the whole sucking thumb thing is, like, totally rad. For sure.
You make me laugh. Of course your son is freaking awesome. Although, you know what would make it even more freaking awesome is if you lived somewhere that I could see and talk to you on a regular basis!!
Don't use that word **###%%% awesome. I just don't like it! And not with Porter. I wish I'd been there to see this amazingly awesome accomplishment -- AAA -- Love, Mom
Post a Comment