i took porter to get his first shots yesterday. it was so sad. he was so happy and trusting when we went in, and then he took my hands, and the shots just seemed to keep coming. He started crying of course, but stopped as soon as I picked him up, and just whimpered and shuddered afterwards. I got somewhat steamrolled when asking for less shots at one time, and I'm never making that mistake again, because that boy was tired and cranky and, yes even at his young age, sad for the rest of that day.
So I wrote that a while ago, and since have taken Porter in for his second shots. I went in and complained like a good future soccer mom, and got Porter on an alternate shot program that seperates and spreads out Porter's shots so that there's less of them, and that they alternate between lead and aluminum (I'm pretty sure) vaccinations with every visit. The Baby Book by Dr. and Dr. Sears (which i highly recommend) didn't write this alternate shot list, but their son did, and my Doctor said it was a great way to go when worried about getting too many shots at once. Anyway- the second visit was such a better experience. Porter didn't even cry, and was smiley before and after the visit. He didn't even seem lethargic afterward. what a brave boy.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment